Many Marana and Tucson-area attractions are getting ready to reopen. Check with individual attractions for news and details.
Follow Discover Marana on Facebook for the latest news, and to ask questions. If we missed anything or if you have news, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS CURRENTLY OPEN? Updated 7/14/20:
Hotels & Resorts - OPEN
All hotels and resorts in Marana are open and are practicing increased hygienic cleaning, physical distancing, and are providing grab and go pre-packaged breakfasts (where complimentary breakfasts are usually offered). As of 5/15, the State of Arizona allowed hotel swimming pools and spas to reopen if they can do so safely. However, hotels and resorts are reopening their pools cautiously, according to individual corporate guidelines that exceed CDC guidelines. Please ask hotel and resorts before assuming that pools have reopened.
Saguaro National Park West - OPEN
Plan ahead if you go for a visit. Bathrooms, drinking fountains, and the Red Hills Visitor Center at SNP West are still closed. Groups are limited to 10 or fewer people.
Tucson Premium Outlets at Marana Center - OPEN
For the most current information, click here. Note: not all stores or food establishments have reopened yet, and some are open only for curbside delivery.
Splitting Timber Axe Throwing Range at Tucson Premium Outlets - OPEN
You can book for today or plan ahead and purchase a gift card on their website for a later date.
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum - OPEN
See the website for current information. Tickets are being sold online only.
Old Tucson - CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Old Tucson had a limited reopening over Memorial Day weekend from May 22 - May 25, for its popular Nightfall show, and has closed again. Old Tucson has implemented new protocols for physical distancing, health, and safety. For details see: Old Tucson.
Arizona State Parks - Some OPEN
Arizona State Parks and Trails recreation parks, campground, cabins, RV parks, and trails are open for responsible outdoor recreation. Most historic parks are closed. Kartchner Caverns is closed.
Town of Marana Parks - OPEN
See Marana Parks & Recreation website for more information. Popular parks for visitors for walking, bird watching, riding, and hiking include Wild Burro Trail (bathrooms and drinking fountains are OPEN), El Rio Preserve (bathrooms), Tortolita Preserve (no bathrooms).
Topgolf Marana - OPEN
For the most current information, click here.
Restaurants - OPEN
Many, if not most, restaurants are open or take-out, delivery, and dining rooms are allowed to reopen if they meet new criteria and can reopen safely. Hours may be cut back. Call or check websites for ordering details.
Bars - CLOSED
On June 29, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey ordered all bars to close once again. These new measures were put forth in an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19. As of now, bars must pause operations until at least 7/27/20.
Marana Visitor Center - OPEN
Located at the Marana Chamber of Commerce, 13881 N Casa Grande Hwy #100, Marana, AZ 85653. Stop by for maps and information or call (520) 639-8040 for information.
Hotels & Resorts
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, the highest-rated resort and spa in Arizona, with the highest degree of The Ritz-Carlton's stellar, world-famous service and a world-class luxury setting. Forbes Five Star-rating for resort and spa in 2020.
- The White Stallion Ranch, the highest-rated guest ranch in Arizona and the US (on TripAdvisor and USA Today). Truly legendary, this family-owned luxury ranch offers the perfect place to stay active outdoors for long stays. Check the website for current special packages.
- Mira Vista Resort, the only luxury clothing-optional resort* in Arizona. Vintage and brand new condo-style accommodations with full kitchens. *Clothing-optional means that guests are welcome to wear clothing in all areas of the resort except in the pool area. Mira Vista is a family-friendly, high-quality resort, with excellent reviews on TripAdvisor.
- The Hampton Inn & Suites at Marana Center along the I-10 at Twin Peaks Road in upper Marana closer to Phoenix, across the street from the Tucson Premium Outlets at Marana Center. Opened in 2019.
- Comfort Inn & Suites along the I-10 at Cortaro Road has large parking lots for over-sized vehicles, is practicing new health, safety, and physical distancing. protocols. Comfort Inn & Suites has not reopened the pool yet, but call for the latest information. Near other hotels (Holiday Inn Express & Suites, pet-friendly La Quinta Inn & Suites, and Days Inn & Suites), walking distance to local restaurants, and essential stores at the Arizona Pavilions Marketplace shopping district.
- Days Inn & Suites, along the I-10 at Cortaro Road walking distance to other hotels, local restaurants, and essential stores.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites along the I-10 at Cortaro Road walking distance to other hotels, local restaurants, and essential stores.
- Best Western Plus Gold Poppy Inn along the I-10 at Ina Road, closer to Tucson. West of the freeway, close driving distance to many local restaurants and essential stores.
- Red Roof Inn along the I-10 at Ina Road, west of the freeway, next to Best Western and Super 8.
- Super 8 along the I-10 at Ina Road, west of the freeway, next to Best Western and Red Roof Inn.
- Motel 6, off the I-10 at Ina Road, east of the freeway walking distance or short drive to local restaurants and essential stores.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites along the I-10 at Cortaro Road other hotels, local restaurants, and essential stores. Pet-friendly and newly renovated in 2019.
National Parks, Shopping, & Attractions
- Saguaro National Park West all front country restrooms and comfort stations in both districts of Saguaro National Park are currently closed until further notice. Visitor centers remain closed and fee collection operations are temporarily suspended until further notice. All public programming continues to be canceled until further notice. The Red Hills Visitor Center is closed. The National Parks website has the most current information about National Park closures.
- Marana's beautiful parks such as Wild Burro Trailhead, Tortolita Preserve, El Rio Preserve, Marana Heritage River Park, and Crossroads Park all are open. Smaller neighborhood parks are also open. Most or all Parks & Rec programs have been canceled through March. Some programs are still scheduled for April. Visit the Parks & Recreation website for up to the minute information.
- Arizona Pavilions Marketplace shopping district on Cortaro Road west of the I-10, walking distance to hotels, is open. Food establishments are essential and will remain open. Retail stores and services that are not considered essential, are closed until further notice.
Wedding & Event Venues
Please check with each venue for current information.
- Glover Ranch check with the Glover Family for the latest information.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain check with the catering and events staff for the latest information.
- Sanctuary Cove check with Sanctuary Cove for the latest information.
- Stardance Event Center
We're open for film production!