Looking for Valentine's Day ideas? Need new places to try? We've got news that you're going to like.
In the News
La Colombiana, the region's only Colombian food truck, was reviewed by the Arizona Daily Star. Featuring authentic traditional Colombian home-cooking dishes such as arepas, empanadas, patacones, salchipapas, bandeja paisa, and rotating specials such as mazorcada, steamed corn topped with cheese, chips and beef, chicken or bacon; and the perro caliente Columbian beef hot dog with quail eggs, cheese, chips and several sauces. Fresh fruit juices and Colombian coffee. Follow La Colombiana on Facebook and visit them at the 99 Cents Only parking lot at 4160 W Ina Road at Oldfather Road on Fridays and Saturdays, and also by special appearance at nearby Caps & Corks craft beer and wine bar at 3830 W River Rd #100, Tucson, AZ .
See the Governor's orders regarding restaurants and bars on the Arizona Restaurant Association webpage here.
Valentine's Day Dining & Date Night Ideas
The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain is the highest-rated resort in Arizona, with a Forbes Five Star rating for its resort and spa, and a Forbes Four Star rating for its restaurant. The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain will be closed to the public for the whole Valentine's Day weekend, meaning that, if you hurry and make your room reservation, you may be one of the lucky few to be able to dine in one of its three spectacular restaurants for Valentine's Day:
CORE Kitchen & Wine Bar at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain - One of the most romantic restaurants in Southern Arizona. Open Valentine's Day weekend for resort guests only.
Ignite at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain - Sultry finger foods and entrees featuring seasonal locally-sourced ingredients. Open Valentine's Day weekend for resort guests only.
Cayton's Burger Bistro at Dove Mountain Golf Club - Luxury comfort food with a view. Open Valentine's Day weekend for resort guests only.
Li'l Abner's Steakhouse - Steak served up with authentic Western movie atmosphere.
Sushi Cortaro on Cortaro - Very generous portions of fresh and imaginative sushi.
Order to go (the movie is up to you):
Asian Spice - Chef-driven flair, with Chinese, Vietnamese, and Singaporean house specials.
Vero Amore Dove Mountain - Authentic Neopolitan wood-fired pizza, house specials, classic pasta dishes.
The Screamery - Best and freshest handcrafted ice cream, splits, and sundaes. Ever.
For something completely different, try these:
Topgolf Marana-Tucson - Open 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Reserve your bay ahead of time.
Splitting Timber Axe Throwing Range - Open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Reserve your axe lane ahead of time.
- The Blacktop Grill - 8300 N. Thornydale Road, Ste. 120 at W. Cortaro Farms Road. - Excellent Yelp reviews for huge sloppy gourmet comfort food, starring quesadillas, hotdogs, flatbread, keto tacos, and floats. Gluten free options, patio dining.
- Frankie's Cheesesteaks & Hoagies - 3780 W Ina Road, #184 - This popular local dining establishment will soon have a following in Marana.
- Lucky Wishbone - 3780 W Ina Road, #188 at Thornydale Road - Lucky Wishbone is open next to Frankie's Cheesesteaks & Hoagies.
- Bisbee Breakfast Club - 13864 N Sandario Road off the I-10 (there is also Marana Bisbee Breakfast Club on Ina Road near the I-10 freeway) - It is open for take out and dine-in breakfast and lunch. Call (520) 389-8279.
- Spice Garden Indian Cuisine - 5815 N Arizona Pavilions Dr #155 (off Cortaro Road in between Harkins Arizona Pavilions 12 and Boston Market) - Open for dine-in or you can order takeout online with convenient ordering and payment. Read the Yelp reviews. If you love Indian cuisine, Spice Garden Indian Cuisine is arguably the best Indian restaurant in the region.
- Tacos Apson - 6741 N. Thornydale Rd., Ste. 121 - Tacos Aspon just opened their second location. The original location was reviewed by the Los Angeles and NYC restaurant critic, Ruth Reichl.
- Jack in the Box - 13925 N Sandario Road off the I-10/Marana Road exit - Their drive through service is open for business.
- Crema Coffee on Ina Road - W Ina Rd/Thornydale, 3725 W Ina Rd #12 (Near Bookman’s in southeast Marana) - Crema Coffee instantly brought Marana’s libations game up a few notches. It’s a minimalist temple to serious coffee drinking, using Exo Roast Co. beans and providing the kind of experience you might find in Portland, OR. It’s that good. Tucson Foodie caught up with the owners to get their take on serving craft coffee.
- Serial Grillers Express - 5660 W. Cortaro Farms Road near the I-10 freeway - The #1-rated pizza place on Yelp with a fierce cult following. Open for take out with online ordering, and dine-in.
- Smoothie King - River Road at Orange Grove and a second location at Twin Peaks Road and Silverbell - (walk in and drive through). Smoothie King on River Road is two doors down from Jimmy’s Pita and Poke Bowl. This poses a dilemma. What is the proper food order, smoothies first or poke? Smoothie King offers smoothies that taste better than any we’ve had in years. The numerous options are categorized by dietary and energy needs. The ingredients are natural, organic, and aren’t common allergens. Both locations have drive through windows. We’re addicted.
- Taqueria Plaza's - Sandario Road off the I-10 on the west side (13526 N Sandario Rd, Marana, AZ 85653 in the First Baptist Church courtyard across the street from Family Dollar Store) - At this food truck, you'll find classic fresh and meaty food truck tacos. Taqueria Plaza's is a gem that's worth a try.
- Eegee's - Marana Road at the I-10 freeway near Marana Main Street.
- Taco Bell - Sandario Road at the I-10 freeway near Marana Main Street.
- Dutch Bros. Coffee is building its second Marana location at 4144 W. Ina Road, near North Oldfather road.
- Jack in the Box - Ina Road at the I-10 freeway at Camino De Las Capas across from Donut Wheel
- Wicked Monkey Brewing Company - Business Park Drive down the street from Harkins Theatres Arizona Pavilions 12 (west of I-10 at Cortaro Road). See more from Inside Tucson Business.
Find many more Marana restaurant options here.