Ease into activity -- whether you are visiting Marana for a short time or are new to our area.
The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Dove Mountain has received Forbes Five Star ratings in 2020 and 2021. It was rated the #3 Spa in North America and the #1 Spa in Arizona by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine. At The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Dove Mountain, spa treatments take a holistic, natural approach to health and wellness. Indigenous Tucson gemstones ease sore muscles, restore balance and clear energy. A poultice of indigo, used for hundreds of years to treat aches and pains, and warm basalt stones are incorporated into massages. Desert flora extracts are used to quench parched skin. This unique experience, paired with the resort’s beautiful setting, has made the day spa a wellness destination for locals and visitors to Tucson, AZ.
Signature spa treatments include the Gemstone massage, Gemstone Radiance Journey, and Desert Gemstone Ritual, each utilizes different modalities to send you into deep relaxation. These treatments offer energy work, massage, facial, hydrotherapy, and more. The Desert Gemstone Ritual treatment starts with a calming foot soak while you enjoy sipping on herbal tea, followed by a mild dry exfoliation and a soothing aromatic bath.
There are eight different massages to choose from, including massages that focus on deep muscle, stress relief, relaxation, couples side by side, and reflexology. Five different body treatments allow you to choose from options that include massage, exfoliation, scalp massage, mud wrap, salt rubs, and oil application. Six types of facials will peel back the stress with the Ultimate Radience & Renewal Facial, Illuminating Organic Peel, Organic Facial, Age Defying Facial, and Advanced Firm Facial, and a Custom Facial tailored to your needs.
There are eight treatments for men, including four types of massages, the men's facial, manicure, pedicure, and full body treatment with massage, salt rub, and exfoliation.
Hair, make up, manicure, pedicure, and children's haircut services are also available.
Insider tip: On the day of your spa service, you may spend time before and after your service lounging by the exclusive spa pool, ordering food delivered to you from Turquesa Latin Grill located at the main Ritz pool, and enjoying the mineral jacuzzi spa that has its own waterfall.
6 Easy Physical Activities
1) HMS Bikes organizes small group rides each month that average between 25 and 30 miles round trip. Two routes use The Loop Shared Path, one route explores Avra Valley, and one route goes right up to The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain front door. See HMS Bikes for more details. Tucson Bike Rentals delivers road, mountain, and electric bikes in Marana. They are a complete contact free bike rental delivery service that operates by appointment.
2) The Tortolita Preserve is a 2,400 acre natural area that has lush desert landscape, much like Saguaro National Park, and flat well-maintained paths for walking and easy mountain biking. It is in the Dove Mountain neighborhood. Check out the Tortolita Alliance for scheduled walks.
3) The Marana Gastronomy Tour program, organized by Discover Marana, offers small group guided tours in the fall and winter. You may discover ancient and contemporary gastronomy with professional archaeologists, wild foods experts, and tastings of wild desert foods and micro-brewed craft beer at either Catalina Brewing Company or Button Brew House.
5) Golf courses are something that we're famous for here. You may golf the Dove Mountain Golf Club, where Accenture Match Play was held for many years, and continue on your own circuit to The Gallery Golf Club, The Highlands, and Quarry Pines.
6) Marana Parks & Recreation offers guided hikes, bike rides, horse rides, archaeological tours, and other activities, all year. Here are just a few current offerings: Birding at the El Rio Preserve presented by Pima County, Desert Bluegrass Association jam sessions, and Art in the Park painting outdoors at Marana parks.