Category: Community Events, Kids & Family, Performing Arts & Culture
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum Vanishing Circles
Tuesday, June 15 2021
Desert Museum - Ironwood Gallery
May 15th - August 15th, 2021
Location: Desert Museum
Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
2021 N Kinney Road
Vanishing Circles is a collection of paintings and drawings acquired for the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum by the Michael C. and Priscilla V. Baldwin Foundation. Each of the animals, plants, and habitats portrayed in the collection is endangered, threatened, or otherwise compromised in the Sonoran Desert Region.
The Vanishing Circles collection at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum Art Institute serves to increase awareness of the threats to the rich biodiversity of the Sonoran desert. Conservation through Art Education is the driving force of the Art Institute, and this collection is the embodiment of the notion that seeing the desert through the lens of art increases our understanding of the interconnectedness of the natural world.
Vanishing Circles is a fine art collection of original paintings available for travel. Each of the animals, plants and habitats portrayed in this exhibition is endangered, threatened or otherwise compromised in the Sonoran Desert Region.
- 80+ paintings by over 30 notable artists illustrating threatened or endangered species and ecosystems of the Sonoran Desert Region
- Full exhibition requires approximately minimum 400 linear feet (with three-foot separation between works)
- Conservation essays accompany each painting
- 165 page hardcover exhibition catalog
- Bilingual Exhibition tags for each painting
Optional Add–Ons Available:
- Curatorial, Installation and Design Assistance
- Bilingual Sonoran Desert Natural History Children’s Books
- Exhibits can be rented per month or customized
- Live Desert Plant Display Available
The Desert Museum’s Art Institute’s traveling art collection strives to increase awareness of the incredible biodiversity, as well as the fragility of the Sonoran Desert Region.
- Monday - Friday - 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Visit the exhibit this summer and learn how you can help save our desert.
For more information call: (520) 883-3024Add To Itinerary
Upcoming Dates For This Event:
- Tuesday, June 15
- Wednesday, June 16
- Thursday, June 17
- Friday, June 18
- Saturday, June 19
- Sunday, June 20
- Monday, June 21
- Tuesday, June 22
- Wednesday, June 23
- Thursday, June 24